A Trusted Advisor for Rising Middle Market Companies
Marc’s family sold their family business in 1984, and due to bad advice and planning, ended up with effectively nothing to show for it. Marc was determined to help others from making those mistakes. As a result, Marc embarked on a career to help business owners and CEOs grow the value of their companies and realize the lives they leave.
Marc has domestic and international companies as clients, lived in four countries, and worked in over 20; he understands working in foreign markets and managing cultural issues. Marc has resided in Atlanta for over 21 years.
While many offer these services, you want someone alongside you who has developed companies, bought and sold businesses, and not just advised on a sale or purchase.
Marc’s journey to help his client grow their companies, get more options and realize the lives they want is below.
Marc spent the first six years of his M&A career working for an investment bank in London, doing friendly and hostile takeovers, acquisitions and divestitures. Through this experience Marc learned how companies are bought and sold.
Marc then spent decade working for large corporations heading their internal M&A operations. From this experience Marc learned how companies value targets and how they seek to reduce the purchase price.
With this experience Marc and a partner started Pegasus Partners, a lower midmarket M&A advisory firm to help clients realize great value for their businesses. However, the process of increasing value, was a coaching mandate more than an M&A one. So through Mindshop, Marc started his coaching career.
As Marc spent more time advising clients, his realized to truly help customers have options and “Freedom” required coaching and guiding. So he became a Vistage Chair. Following four years as a Vistage Chair, combined with the onset of COVID, Marc sought to increase the tools in his quiver so he could help his clients. As a result he became a Certified Value Builder Coach and Gravitas Coach.
- Listen to Marc’s Interview with Mike Blake on Business Radio X on May 9, 2019
- Listen to Marc’s Interview with Mike O’Niell’s Get Unstuck Podcast on August 20, 2021
- Technology Association of Georgia, Past Chair – Corporate Development Society
- Technology Association of Georgia, Chair – International Business Society
- US Strategic Capital Alternative Income Fund – Board Member & Investment Committee Member
- CFA Atlanta – Marketing Chair
- British-American Business Council of Georgia – Events Chair
- South African South Eastern American Chamber – Founding Member and Finance Director
- Society of International Business Fellows
- Jerusalem House
- CFA Atlanta
- CFA Institute
- Vistage International
- Netherlands American Chamber of Commerce South East
- Technology Association of Georgia
Marc taught me more about my business and where its value lay.
- Bachelor of Arts, (Hons.), Economics, University of Reading, Reading England
- Masters of Business Administration, A.B. Freeman School of Business, Tulane University, New Orleans
- Juris Doctor (Cum Laude), Tulane Law School, Tulane University, New Orleans
- CFA Charterholder
- FINRA Licenses Series 7, 24, 63, 79 and 99
- Certified Merger & Acquisitions Advisor
- Certified Gravitas 7 Attributes of Agile Growth Coach
- Certified Value Builder Coach
Marc is dedicated to helping companies grow, scale, and create value. When he is not working, he enjoys hiking, reading, snow skiing, travel, and taking courses to expand his horizons.
COVID has taken a toll on all of us. If you have not taken an extended vacation in a while where you disconnect, you need to now. You and your business will benefit.
The European Super League (ESL) collapsed within 48 hours of its announcement due to hubris, a lack of value creation, and fan backlash. The founders’ arrogance led them to disregard European football’s deep-rooted traditions and culture. At the same time, the focus on wealthy club owners instead of merit undermined the essence of the competition. The fierce backlash from fans, who felt betrayed by their clubs, demonstrated the importance of prioritizing supporters’ interests in football.
Bringing in new ideas, thoughts, understanding, and logic is key as your organization faces the challenges of a changing environment. But when you do an ideation session in your organization… how does it go? For so many organizations, many times, after a few ideas have been thrown out and rejected, the thought process slows down very quickly, and a form of hopelessness takes over. How does your organization have better ideation? I’ve come across a new approach with a few teams lately.